Monday, August 22, 2011

E. Marshall Johnson in the Qur'an

Professor & Chairman of the Department of Anatomy & Developmental Biology, & Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.

."...in summary, the Qur'ân describes not only the development of outside form, but emphasises also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation & development, emphasising major events recognised by contemporary science."

Author of over 200 publications. Former President of the Teratology Society among other accomplishments. Professor Johnson began to take an interest in the scientific signs in the Qur'ân at the 7th Saudi Medical Conference (1982), when a special committee was formed to inquire in to scientific signs in the Qur'ân & Hadîth. At first, Professor Johnson refused to accept the existence of such verses in the Qur'ân & Hadîth. But after a dicussuion with Sheikh Zindanî he took an interest & concentrated his research on the internal as well as outside development of the fetus.

"As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology & developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Qur'ân. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself in to that period, knowing what I do today & describing things, I could not describe the things that were described...


I see no proof to refute the idea that this individual Muhammad had to be developing this information from some place... so I see nothing here in conflict with the idea that divine intervention was involved in what he could write..."

0 التعليقات :

Post a Comment